Sunday, November 15, 2009

I WISH I COULD QUIT YOU!!!

Wow, yesterday was odd but expected. After my anti-virus was done scanning i just went on an internet binge. It was to the point where i realized that my brain was turning to mush and i was watching the same videos i watched last week. And it doesn't help that i found someone new to watch known as JesuOtaku at TGWTG, someone who gave xxxHolic a very fair and rather deep review. It was honestly the first time i've seen an anime review that was at the same level of professionalism as Bennet the Sage. I then found her youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Husse67

So yeah, a new place for me to binge it up. You know, i should start making a log on how much time i waste on the internet, maybe even talk about my reaction to some of the videos out there.

Like the Distressed Watcher for instance:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/dw/tf/13566-ep08

I like what he said at the very end. I know is not very liked but that's because he's brutally honest. Hollywood has excossted what we can do with special effects and we don't need more movies to prove what we can do. My feeling are mutual, Hollywood should give special effects a brake, I hate the special effects of Bay's Transformers not become they are bad (they are impressive) but they are overused to the point where by the time the climatic fight takes place, it just bores me. Bay's movies are a rollercoster but they also desensitize the audience. That's why hollywood believe they need to make things bigger and better which to be quite frank, is an idea that's gotten old as well.

The trailers look awesome, don't get me wrong, however TOO often I have found the trailers to be better then the movies themselves. You know, it use to be that the movie trailers were dull but they at least did their job of getting people into the theater AND they didn't threated to be better then the movies they were advertising.

People will argue that hollywood has run out of ideas and it's hard not to argue against that but I believe that this is true with every generation of movies that come out. There will always be the fade shit that stinks up the screen, make a shit ton of movie but never be heard of again. Case in point, Film Brain's review of 'The Jazz Singer':

http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/fbv/bmbe/12820-jazzsing

But then comes at least one movie that stands the test of time and proves to be more successful in the long term. Sadly, in america, the long term is hinted at but never fully taken into account. It's always about the here and now and that's why these shitty special effect movies are here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment